FELA Claims Attorneys
- Are you a railroad worker who was injured on the job?
You need to file a claim under the Federal Employers' Liability Act (FELA) to recover compensation for your losses. FELA claims can be complex, and the process can be a challenge to navigate. You need experienced FELA lawyers to help you get full and fair compensation for your injuries.
At Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P. in Houston, Texas, we have more than 51 years of combined experience successfully handling railroad worker injury cases nationwide. Contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation, or call us toll free at 800-773-6770.
The FELA Claims Process
- Gathering information — Our attorneys will need to gather all necessary information to prepare your claim. We'll need the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses. We will also want to take pictures at the location of your train accident and may want to get detailed measurements of the injury scene.
- Interviewing witnesses — We will interview all available witnesses and get written statements laying out the facts surrounding your accident and any evidence available. Based on the evidence, we will assess your case and determine which witnesses we will need to prove your claim. We will also decide whether to employ expert witnesses to help establish liability. Expert witnesses may will be used to establish the amount of your losses, including whether you will be able to be gainfully employed in the future.
- Mediation — Before your case can go to trial, you will probably be required to participate in a mediation. In a mediation proceeding, a neutral third party works with both parties to help them identify a mutually beneficial resolution. The mediator will not take testimony and does not listen to legal arguments, and will not render an opinion.
- If mediation is not successful, trial — If the parties cannot come to an agreement through negotiation or in mediation, the case goes to trial. Statistics show that over 95% of FELA claims are resolved by settlement or through mediation. However, without a lawsuit being filed against them, do you think they will ever agree to pay the maximum dollar on your claim? You know the answer to that question!
Contact Us Immediately for a Free Consultation
The FELA claims process is complicated and can be very intimidating. The railroad will immediately use their claims people to try to build a case against you and make the process even more difficult for you. You need dedicated, experienced attorneys on your side — sooner rather than later — to protect your interests. Contact Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P. for a free initial consultation about the FELA claims process.
- Free case review
- More than 51 years of professional experience
- No recovery - no fee
- Se habla español
- Where geographically permitted, the law firm advances money, interest free, so you can pay your bills.
51 years of Combined Experience Representing Injured Railroad Workers